104 rue d'Aubervilliers, 19th arrondissement in Paris (district of La Villette): funeral parlor with the hearses in 1880. In this place, stood in 1849 the slaughterhouse of the city of Villette which will disappear in 1867 with the construction of the general slaughterhouses of La Villette. The municipal funeral home (1400 employees) bought the land and had built in 1873 this stone hall in steel frame. It was used for the preparation of coffins and embroidery catafalques, also worked plumbers and turnbuckles. Closed in 1997, this hall will be transformed into a cultural place.
Keywords used by Bridgeman Images to describe this photograph: Historical history, Paris, France, 19th century, 19th, 19th, 19th, workshop, funeral parlor
This art photography is available in various sizes and finishes.